Gainward and nVIDIA have a new set of cards called GeForce FX coming
out soon. Depending on your financial situation, you may want to wait
till they arrive to buy a new card. By then you may have saved up enough
to buy one of these cards. If not, the Gainward
GeForce4 cards will probably have dropped in price and you may be
able to save some money. Although the cards are already very reasonable.
(I've found them on the internet for about $230 USD. Which is quite
a good deal for such a great card.)
Taking all of this information
into account the choice is obvious. If you want dual screen display,
fast 3d and 2d performance, application specific settings and video
input/output at a reasonable price, the Gainward
GeForce4 Ti 4600 is for you. It is definitely the best "bang
for your buck" out of all the cards on the market at the moment.
1. Dual Screen Display (OpenGL on both screens.
2. Video input and output capability.
3. Can be set up to work with your 3d application via Softquadro4
4. Very good 3d and 2d performance
5. The included accessories add a lot of value to the card.
6. Very reasonable price
1. Not the fastest 3d video card on the planet.
2. Softquadro4 takes more than a little skill to install. A novice user
might need some help.
Page 2: The GeForce4
and why it is the ideal choice for 3d animators on a budget.
Page 3: Out of all the
cards on the market, why Gainward?
Page 4: Softquadro4
and what it can do for you. And this card can output demo reels!
Page 5: Conclusion
Back to Ed Harriss.com